Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My favorite brownies


Since I started to work for country club, I need to make lots of brownies. I've tried many brownie recipes but it didn't come out well as my thought. I was thinking that was oven problem, chocolate difference or method difference.... Many times tried different recipes and finally I met a great recipe which I really wanted.

I found this recipe from New York Times on April 11th. The name is "Supernatural Brownies" by Nick Malgieri. Actually I have his book "CHOCOLATE". He wrote all chocolate recipes of American, French, Italian and showcase display. It's awesome book!
Anyway I tried his brownie recipe from that book for Easter event and I liked it. But I got better result from his news paper's recipe.
Difference? I think it's chocolate. I used 72% dark chocolate before but I tried 54% semisweet chocolate from Trader Joe's this time. Also method is different. His recipe from the book said add eggs into chocolate and butter mixture. The news paper's recipe said egg and sugar whisk together then add chocolate and butter mixture into egg mixture. So that process makes more volume and not too dense, anyway best brownies I ever had.


Here is a recipe!
**Supernatural Brownies"**
adapted by Nick Malgieri
(8x8inch baking pan)

12TBS butter
6oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
a pinch of salt
3/4C brown sugar
3/4C granulated sugar
1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
3/4C flour
1/2C chopped walnut, roasted

1. Butter a 8x8 inch baking pan and line with buttered parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325F. In top of double boiler set over barely simmering water, melt butter and chocolate together. Cool slightly. In a large bowl or mixer,whisk eggs, salt, sugar and vanilla.
2.Whisk in chocolate mixture. Fold in flour just until combined. Add walnuts.Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45~50minutes or until shiny and beginning to crack on top. Cool in pan on rack.

**For best flavor, bake 1 day before serving, let cool and store, tightly wrapped**
**I reduced granulated sugar amount from3/4C to 1/2C but still great taste and less sugar!!!**

Please try and let me know your result, everyone!

No comments: