Monday, March 26, 2007

Pizza at home


We don't go out or deliver pizza often but we love homemade pizza. Why? Because pizza shop's pizza has too much cheese on and crust is thick I mean too much bread.
I usually make pizza dough by myself but I found the great pizza dough from Trader Joe's in last year. It's only a buck and so easy to use. They have plain, garlic herb and wheat but I recommend garlic herb one. Anyway you just need to roll out that soft dough.

Of course, I always make pizza sauce from scratch. I use canned whole tomato, tomato paste, garlic and dried Italian herb mix. Just sautee garlic with olive oil and add other ingredients. Cook until thick sauce. Simple and easy!

I made salami and mushrooms pizza with Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese on the top today. I love Colombus salami which is the meat company in San Francisco. They make the great salami and meat products. I like their products since I worked for restaurant in CA.

About cheese, lightly top on my pizza is my way. No too much cheese on because we both have a bad stomach problem after the giant cheesy pizza when we eat. And Mozzarella and Cheddar is my favorite combination always.


I always create something different or something new for my pizza so I tried Thai Chicken Pizza this time. I just remembered about me and my husband had date long time ago and we ate Thai Chicken Pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen. Great memories and great foods for casual lunch♪
So I tried. I don't have that kind of sauce so I just spread hot & sweet chili sauce (I usually use for dipping sauce for coconut shrimps....) on the rolled pizza dough and sprinkle green onion, cooked asparagus, cooked chicken and mushrooms. Lightly sprinkle Mozzarella cheese and bake for 15minutes. Topped with lots of chopped cilantro makes great Asian flavor.
Hey, it was delicious! My husband said better than California Pizza Kitchen. Compliment!
For us, eat pizza with organic garden salad is better solution than buffalo wings!

No comments: